Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Boots Botanics Eye Colour: Star Anise (Satin Taupe Dupe), Cinnamon

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Boots Botanics Eye Colour in Star Anise and Cinnamon

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Boots Botanics Eye Colour in Star Anise and Cinnamon

No surprise- more naughty purchases. I've had these for at least a few months now but I definitely got them sometime after I started Project Pan. Anyhow, here are two eye shadows by Boots Botanics, which can be found at Target. I have Star Anise, a grayed taupe, and Cinnamon, a lovely warm medium brown. Star Anise has a satin sort of finish while Cinnamon is matte.

Of course, I could not resist comparing Star Anise to Satin Taupe. They are similar but Satin Taupe is more shimmery and warm, while Star Anise is more gray and a bit deeper. Cinnamon has been a favorite of mine. I love pairing it with Buxom's cream eye shadow in Mutt for the perfect everyday neutral eye.

Both shadows are smooth, buttery, and pigmented. They're a breeze to apply and they last all day over an eyeshadow primer (which I use daily).

The packaging has its pros and cons. The eyeshadow pans are embedded into cardboard with magnetized flaps. I like that they are compact and lightweight. However, they don't come wrapped in plastic so many of the eyeshadows had been compromised in-store. Not ideal as far as hygiene goes but it's usually obvious which have been tampered with so make sure to check before you buy.

Overall, I have to say that I love these. They're excellent shadows in great neutral shades, and they're extremely affordable to boot. I believe I got them for about $5 each, but they sell for $4.50 on drugstore.com if you're interested.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: Star Anise, Cinnamon

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: MAC Satin Taupe, Star Anise, Cinnamon

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Buxom Mutt across lids, Boots Botanics Cinnamon on outer corners

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Buxom Pug across lids, Boots Botanics Star Anise on outer corners

UPDATE 2/11:

I paired Cinnamon with Burberry's Rosewood and I was surprised to find that within this combination, Cinnamon seemed to lean cool. It looked almost taupe with purple tones. That certainly adds to the complexity of the shade!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Burberry Rosewood across lids with Cinnamon on outer corner

No comments:

Post a Comment