Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bare Minerals Face Color: Bare Radiance

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Bare Minerals Face Color in Bare Radiance

For quite a long time, I wore Bare Minerals exclusively. I used their standard face kit and bought separately the liner, mascara, and this blush. That was all I used. I've expanded my makeup possibilities quite a lot since then, but I do still like Bare Minerals products and switch back every so often. As you can see, I'm down to the very last bit of powder on Bare Radiance, which I'm glad about because I'm trying to use up my things (I started Project Pan but have been failing miserably.)

Bare Radiance is from Bare Mineral's range of All-Over-Face colors, which are meant to provide illuminating color to the face. It is a very pretty warm mauve-pink so I use it as a blush. It is quite shimmery in the pot but it doesn't leave very obvious shimmer on the cheeks when applied lightly and blended out. I think the shimmer is only obvious under bright light. If applied over stickier products (such as rich moisturizers or heavier foundation), then I imagine it might come out more frosty-looking like in my thick swatch below. It provides just the right amount of pigmentation. I don't feel there is need to worry about overdoing it as it leaves a soft wash of color, but the color is certainly buildable.

It is a mineral product that is supposed to be natural and good for the skin. My skin, though more or less clear with just the occasional pimple, is quite sensitive and prone to itchiness, dryness, and redness. I never had any problems with this product irritating my skin.

It retails for $18 for 0.03 oz, which isn't by any means cheap. However, a little goes a long way and this product should last a long time. As I mentioned earlier, I was using just a couple of Bare Minerals products exclusively. Even after at least two years of near-daily use, I still had product left. I would recommend this product to someone who is intent on using mineral make-up. It is from a trusted brand, works well, and is a pretty color. However, though the color is lovely, it is not unique. To someone on a budget, I would say there are other great, comparable blushes available for a much less.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Bare Radiance

No comments:

Post a Comment