Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm: Rose

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Burt's Bees Rose Tinted Lip Balm

My lips get dry very easily so I try to always have some sort of lip balm on hand. I've always liked the ones by Burt's Bees (other than the Honey one- I think the scent is gross). When I saw that they had a tinted version available, I decided to give it a try.

I have mine in the color Rose, which is a pretty rose red shade in the tube. The color on the lips is very nice as well. It is sheer but it gives my lips just enough color so that I don't look so pale. It is not too pink either, which is a big plus for me because I don't find cool-toned pinks to work with my coloring. I think this is a color that will work well for many complexions.

I also like the packaging! It came in a round cardboard tube that I thought was pretty cool. The tube of lip balm itself is simple and classic, which I like as well. It is not childish or overtly feminine, so it is not an obvious cosmetic product. It's nice to pull out when I don't want to look vain.

There is not much else to say about it other than that I think it's great, and it does exactly what you would expect of a tinted lip balm. The moisturizing properties are as nice as they are with all the other Burt's Bees lip balms. The color is pretty and flattering but also sheer so it is not overwhelming. Unfortunately, I just lost mine so I can't comment on the scent but I don't recall that there is one. If there is, it is probably very subtle. Nice product overall, and a very safe buy!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Nude lips

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
With tinted lip balm

No comments:

Post a Comment