Friday, April 8, 2011

The Body Shop Nature's Minerals Eye Colour: Pink Opal, Molten Bronze

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
The Body Shop Nature's Minerals Eye Colours in Pink Opal and Molten Bronze

As I believe I have already mentioned, I am infatuated with loose shadows. I'm not sure why. I just like them. I bought these mineral eyeshadows from The Body Shop on separate occasions a while back. I believe I got them both on sale.

Pink Opal (04) is a warm medium-toned mauvey-pink while Molten Bronze (06) is a deep warm chocolate brown, which I don't find it to be bronze. Both include shimmer. The pink shade is a little intimidating for me but once applied and blended with the brown, it is much more subtle. If you want the strong pink color, that can easily be achieved as well. The brown is beautiful and universal. Both yield wonderful pigmentation and are smooth and easy to apply. I didn't experience fall out with either one.

What I really like about these is that the shimmer is subtle. I find that most loose shadows are very shimmery, sometimes even frosty, but when applied dry, these go on with just the hint of sheen. Please note that my swatch, particularly of Pink Opal, may look frosty but it is because I applied these a little wet so the swatches are thick and stickier. Please note further that the shimmer you see on my eyes is from the highlight color (Urban Decay Sin) that I used on my inner corners.

Each 1 gram pot goes for $13, which I feel is on the pricier side. I would recommend looking for these when they go on sale. The products are very nice but there are definitely cheaper options available. The shades aren't unique so I imagine it should not be difficult to find more affordable dupes. Pink Opal is no longer available on the Body Shop website, so it may have been discontinued. Molten Bronze, my preferred color of the two, is still for sale.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pink Opal on top, Molten Bronze on bottom
Please note that my swatches may look frosty because I applied these a little wet.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Pink Opal on center of lid, Molten Bronze on outer half
Please note that the shimmer you see is from the highlight color (Urban Decay Sin) that I used on my inner corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment