Monday, December 22, 2014

Milani Fierce Foil Eyeshine: 01 Milan

Milani Fierce Foil Eyeshine in Milan

Milani's new Fierce Foil collection includes not only the Fierce Foil Eyeliners (reviewed here) but also the Fierce Foil Eyeshines, four different quad palettes of beautiful eye shadows formulated with "ground-breaking gloss technology." Given my affinity for cream shadows, I was terribly curious to feel for myself this novel formula.


Milani Fierce Foil Eyeshine in Milan

I went with the neutral palette in 01 Milan, which includes a cream shade with golden flash, a pale champagne pink, a bright bronze brown with dense golden shimmer, and a medium neutral taupe. All the shades are packed with a unique opalescent glitter that shines pink, green, and yellow when examined closely, but the opalescent effect is subtle overall. All the shades are beautiful but I am particularly impressed with the bronze shade, which has a brilliant shine and is extremely pigmented. The golden cream shade is also well pigmented. The one with the least pigmentation is the champagne shade, which, in actual wear, just adds glitter and shimmer to the lids without any obvious color. The taupe shade is gorgeous. I love that it is neither cool nor warm. In actual wear, it too goes on sheer but with enough pigmentation to add a light wash of color to the lids.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Fierce Foil Eyeshine in Milan, swatched clockwise from upper left

As for the texture, these are thick tacky creams that don't set in place. They remain emollient. This may sound like a disaster in the making, with the potential for creasing and smudging throughout the day. Remarkably, however, I have not had any of these issues when using these as eyeshadow bases. I apply only thin layers of the Eyeshines and because they are tacky, they grab onto the powder shadows that I layer on top. They aren't so sticky that the powders end up concentrating wherever they're initially placed. I am still able to blend as I normally do with the powder shadows. The Eyeshines also provide abundant shimmer and glitter to the lids, which continue to shine through even with the other shadows on top. This look may not be appropriate to all settings but for the holiday season, I feel the glint and gleam are nice touches.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Better view of the glitter in the Fierce Foil Eyeshines

To be fair, I have not used these shadows on their own as my main lid shades so I don't know how well they would hold up without other products set over them. When other products are used on top, I feel that the colors of the Eyeshines get obscured, even though some of the shimmer remains visible. Hence, it is difficult to comment on utility of this product. They shadows themselves are beautiful but if you're going to use them as bases, which they function very well as, then the original colors won't likely show through. The glitter finish is a nice touch for special occasions but may be excessive for most everyday looks.

This is by no means a must-have product that will revolutionize your collection but  I have to say, these shadows are fun for someone like me who doesn't usually play around with glitter. They allow me to incorporate some glitter into my routine in a way that isn't too obvious or over the top since I can apply these in sheer layers. Other than the price at over $10, I don't have anything bad to say about the new Fierce Foil Eyeshines.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Champagne shade (least pigmented)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Final look with champagne shade (powder shadows layered over top)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Bronze shade (most pigmented)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Final look with bronze shade (powder shadows layered over top)

1 comment:

  1. Life is a battle, if you don't know how to defend yourself then you'll end up being a loser. So, better take any challenges as your stepping stone to become a better person. Have fun, explore and make a lot of memories.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete