Saturday, October 4, 2014

Physicians Formula Touch of Glow Nude Wear: Concealer Nude

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm not going to lie, it was the irresistible rose gold and bow packaging that compelled me try the Physicians Formula Nude Wear line. Lucky for me, I happened to love the products I've tried from this collection. Up for review today is the Touch of Glow Concealer in its sole shade, Nude.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The Touch of Glow Concealer is a twist-up highlighting concealer pen. As you can perhaps see, I'm just about done with my first tube (Project Pan Item #48). It is now a staple in my regimen, and I have several more tubes ready to go!

The consistency is quite thin and fluid, which makes for light coverage and foolproof blending. There isn't any shimmer to it but I do find that it highlights and livens the face. It smooths over the skin and helps it appear more creamy. I've stopped using foundation altogether since I've discovered this. I use it in under my eyes, on my nose, and above my lip to even out and brighten the center of my face. I just pat it all in with my fingers. I love that it offers a fast, easy way to freshen up my complexion without ever looking heavy. In fact, once it's blended in, it doesn't even look like you have makeup on. It has been great using this in targeted areas in lieu of all-over foundation, which I never felt looked natural no matter how light the coverage. If you're after something similar, then you might want to give this a try.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This isn't for you if you want perfect-looking skin. The coverage is much too light for that. Truth be told, it won't conceal anything, not even undereye discoloration, so it is misleading for this to be marketed as a concealer. This also probably isn't for you if you're any darker than a light-medium complexion. The shade is perfect for me and I would describe my skin is light-medium.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
On right: after application of Nude Wear Concealer to center of face

I can see this product not working out for a lot of people but I think it's a great option for someone whose skin doesn't need much coverage, yet might benefit from a subtle touch of brightening. In particular, this product would probably be excellent for someone younger. It's the most natural product I've ever used, which is both its blessing and curse. It doesn't hide any imperfections but it does enhance the complexion while allowing your own skin to shine through. Whether or not this suits you will obviously depend on your skin and personal preference. This will also be good for anyone like me who does not have time or want to fuss around in the morning. All you have to do is twist up, swipe on, and pat it in with your fingers, which eliminates the need for any additional tools or brushes. Plus it's so lightweight and natural that I doubt application can go wrong.

I feel that the price is hefty at $12.99 for a pen but drugstores always have sales on. I've also seen it go on sale for 40% off on Ulta twice already. In fact, that sale is going on now so if you're interested, now might be a good time to give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment