Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer: Boho Gold

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer in Boho Gold

The duochrome nail polish trend seems to be going strong these days! I caved and went for Boho Gold from Maybelline's Color Show line because it reminded me so much of Chanel's Peridot. I don't own the Chanel version so I can't compare but the consensus seems to be that Boho Gold is a dupe.

The polish is sheer but I quite liked the way it applied. It was smooth, easy, and fast-drying. The color can look intimidating and oddball in the bottle but it definitely leans gold in actual wear, which I like because it's much more wearable that way. If you're looking for a strong duochrome, I don't think you'll find it here. I am happy with this color though!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Boho Gold (natural light)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Boho Gold (with flash)

No comments:

Post a Comment