Friday, May 13, 2011

The Body Shop Eye Colour: 32 Chocolate (v. MAC Satin Taupe)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
MAC Satin Taupe, The Body Shop 32 Chocolate

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
MAC Satin Taupe, The Body Shop 32 Chocolate

I forgot to include this eye colour from The Body Shop in my last post. It is actually one of my favorite shades out of the bunch, so I made sure to include it as soon as I could!

I originally thought 32 Chocolate was misnamed because in the pot, it looked grayish taupe to me. I failed to see any brown. It actually reminded me a lot of MAC’s Satin Taupe, which is why I compared them side by side. In their pots, they do still look quite similar to me, though Satin Taupe has warmer, pinker undertones while Chocolate has stronger gray undertones. Once swatched, the difference is immediately apparent as Chocolate definitely leans brown while Satin Taupe maintains those warm pink tones. I do think they’re in the same family of color, though Chocolate is a deeper shade with less pink than Satin Taupe. It might be a shade worth checking out if you’re a fan of Satin Taupe!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: MAC Satin Taupe v. Body Shop 32 Chocolate

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
L-R: MAC Satin Taupe v. Body Shop 32 Chocolate

My previous remarks about The Body Shop’s Eye Colours are applicable here. Chocolate is of the shimmery formulation, so it has that stickier texture which makes it opaque and long-lasting. It is a great eyeshadow in a wonderful, versatile color, and I definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment